Download and Install MetaMask Wallet Extension
Just like creating personal and business email accounts separately helps you in managing your emails in a convenient manner, creating multiple accounts/profiles within a single MetaMask wallet extension helps you manage your funds efficiently.
Yes, MetaMask allows you to create as many profiles as you want. And you know what the best part is? You may generate different seed phrases for different accounts.
By using this feature, you may access different accounts on different devices as well. And, talking about the "Security" factor of these wallets, we can say that MetaMask allows you to generate different Secret Recovery Phrases for each account that you may create. And the same is the case with Private Keys.
This way, you can make sure that if you lose access to one wallet or account, the funds stored in your other wallets/accounts will remain safe. Hence, if you are planning to use MetaMask or are already using it, then you must add multiple accounts within the same wallet.
Note: The process may slightly vary for MetaMask wallet extension and mobile app users. But, most of the steps in the upcoming process will be identical for both.
Here's how you can have additional profiles in MetaMask
There might be different ways through which you can manage different profiles or SRPs in your MetaMask wallet. Since it is not possible for us to walk you through all those different methods, we are going to discuss one single method to accomplish this task. So, be ready and make sure that you follow all the listed steps in the correct sequence:
Note: The steps listed below are applicable to the MetaMask wallet extension for the Chrome web browser.
1. Begin the process by navigating to the top-right corner of your MetaMask extension
2. If you are logged in, you will see your profile icon at the top of the page, click on it
3. If not logged in, first sign into your account, and then you may see your profile icon on the top
4. Thereafter, you may choose the "Add" option from within the given menu
5. Then, you'll be prompted with further instructions to create your account, just follow them properly
6. If you don't wish to sync it with your email, just select the "Continue without an account" option
7. Choose a color scheme for your account and then assign a name to your account
8. Once done with that, you may hit the "Done" option to end the process
By repeating the same method, you may create as many profiles in your wallet as you want. However, it is recommended to store the SRPs of these accounts in a safe place as this will allow you to access your wallets as and when needed on any device of your choice.
Summing it up:
To conclude this article, we can say that, everyone who is using the MetaMask wallet extension, should enable this feature within their wallets so that managing different tokens becomes an easier and much safer task. However, if you are using MetaMask through its app, then the process will be a little bit different, but you'll be able to pull it easily.